What Is Teeth Whitening?Teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentist procedure that is meant to make your teeth whiter, this can be accomplished using different methods. A person can choose to white there teeth at home, or in-office at a dental clinic.
Teeth Whitening Trivia
- Even the ancient Egyptians whitened teeth with a paste consisting of ground pumice stone and vinegar.
- You can use everything from lights and chemical agents to mouthwash to whiten your teeth.
- You can damage your teeth with some DIY whitening kits if the procedure is done incorrectly.
White teeth has been a symbol of status and wealth for thousands of years. While physical beauty standards are constantly changing and progressing, white teeth have always, and most likely will always be the standard people will try to aspire to.
How can I whiten my teeth?
Since white teeth are such a desirable feature, there are lots of different methods and products that have been invented to whiten your teeth. If you are considering trying one of these methods, you should consult your dentist if you have:
- Sensitive teeth
- Dental restorations
- Very dark stains or a single dark tooth
- Lots of fillings or crowns
If your dentist gives you the O.K. to whiten, then you have lots of options to choose from! Here are a few of the solutions available:
- White Strips
- UV light
- Better oral care can also help
Is teeth whitening safe?
Professional Teeth Whitening
How does zoom teeth whitening work?
Teeth Whitening Kits
If you want to whitening your teeth with a light kit, we recommend making an appointment at Smiles Dental Group since our method is similar, and you have dentist supervision!
DIY (do It Yourself) Teeth whitening
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and a half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- Stir the solution until it resembles a toothpaste-like consistency.
- Start brushing with the paste.
- Keep it in your mouth for up to 60 sec after (don’t leave it for longer than this!)
- Spit out the paste and thoroughly rinse your mouth.
Toothpaste & Chewing Gum
- Special abrasives that polish the tooth
- Peroxide and other chemicals that remove stains.
How can I Prevent Stains?
You should also make sure you’re getting a healthy amount of daily fluoride, this will help to maintain your healthy teeth! If you aren’t getting enough fluoride your teeth may be too weak to stop cavities! Did you know vaping can affect your teeth as well? It’s not quite as bad as smoking, but nicotine can still stain your teeth!
Our Conclusion on teeth whitening
If you want to try teeth whitening, but you don’t know where to start, call us today!
Our in-office Zoom whitening costs $189.
Usually less than an hour, and your teeth will be up to 10 shades whiter!
We use Zoom because it works!