Do want a straighter smile but you don’t want braces? Invisalign is the solution! Invisalign is a popular dental appliance that will correct your smile, it’s unobtrusive, removable, and see-through!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign Vs. Braces
What are the similarities between these two appliances?
- Mouth discomfort – This can’t be avoided as with both tools you are changing the shape of your smile and you are biting down on a new tool that will be a new experience for your mouth. The discomfort with Invisalign may be less noticeable than braces because the teeth are moving at a slower rate.
- Straighter teeth – The goal of each tool is to gain a straighter smile, both will do the task effectively, however, braces may do it faster.
- Noticeable Vs. Invisible – Braces are immediately noticeable, while Invisalign is transparent and shaped like your teeth. Invisalign aren’t completely invisible but they are far less apparent than braces.
- Removable Vs. Set In Place – Braces can only be removed by the dentist, however, the patient can remove the Invisalign aligners on their own, at their will.
- Number Of Dentist’s Visits – After you get the initial scan for Invisalign, multiple aligners can be made at one time, this will reduce the number of visits required.
What does Invisalign cost?
What determines the cost?
- Duration of treatment
- Age of the patient
- Alignment issues
- Spacing of the teeth
Are there any aftercare costs?
That entirely depends on your insurance provider, they will have to give you those details.
The amount of time depends entirely on the patient’s bite, however, you will be wearing them for at least 20 hours a day.
Yes! If you’re putting the appliance in your mouth it should be cleaned every time it is removed. It’s easy, just clean them with some dish soap, rinse the soap off completely, and insert it back in.