What is cosmetic dentistry?
Who can benefit from cosmetic dentistry?
Why choose cosmetic dentistry?
What are the different options for cosmetic dentistry?
Since there are a lot of different ways smiles can be enhanced, dentists have researched a number of methods to whiten your smile.
- Polishing – This can be done in a dental clinic, or at home with special whitening products.
- Whitening Gel & UV Light – Products like Zoom whitening, use a curing light to start the process.
- Bleaching – Bleach is applied to the teeth to remove the stains.
- Quitting smoking – Smoking is infamous for staining teeth. Quitting this will definitely improve your smile.
- Better oral care – Increasing your frequency or intensity of care may increase your smiles whiteness.
What are Dental Veneers?
- Porcelain veneers – The dentist will grind down your teeth and make an impression of them. Afterward, they will send out the impression for the veneer. In the meantime, they will provide you with temporary veneers. After the veneers are made, they will be inserted into your teeth.
- Composite resin veneers – These are made of different materials other than porcelain. These veneers can also be adjusted by adding more or less resin to the veneer, once the desired look has been achieved, a light will be used to cure the veneer.
- No prep veneers – You have heard of Lumineers or Vivaneers, these are brands that sell no-prep veneers. These veneers are the least intrusive and don’t require any adjustments to the tooth.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers have numerous benefits:
- Fix broken or chipped teeth
- Makes teeth whiter
- Closes gaps
- Reshapes teeth
- Evens out, pointed or sharp teeth
Veneers can also improve your oral hygiene if there are lots of gaps, food particles can easily get stuck in those gaps, veneers will decrease the amount of surface area that food particles can be stuck on.
What is orthodontics?
Which is better – conventional braces or aligners?
- Age – Conventional braces are generally worn by younger patients, at a younger age, more severe issues can be fixed easier. Clear aligners are typically worn by adults so they don’t impact there lifestyle as much.
- Severity of issue – Braces will most likely be recommended if you need a significant adjustment. Clear aligners are better for small adjustments.
Which costs more?
- Composite resin
- A combination of materials
Who would benefit from cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic Dentistry – The Outlook
Frequently asked questions
Some are, some aren’t, it will depend on the nature of the issue, please check with your provider to see what they cover.
They are entirely situational, your dentist will be able to tell you which one would be best for you.