There are several reasons why people lose more than one tooth, like an accident, illness or just poor teeth. Each tooth plays an important role in your oral health and this can have a significant impact on the quality of your life.
Sadly, not many people realize the importance of their teeth, until they are in their 40s.
Here are a few problems that can happen when a missing tooth is ignored
- Missing tooth can also leave behind a wound where food particles might get deposited, resulting in bad breath.
- During mastication, pressure is applied on teeth and jawbones which stimulate bone growth. A missing tooth causes the jawbone to shrink as the bone is no longer stimulated during chewing. It can cause bone loss which in turn causes further jaw and tooth problems.
- Missing tooth changes the alignment which in turn causes changes in pattern of chewing and resulting in tooth wear
- The teeth close to the missing tooth will drift and tilt into the space of missing tooth making them prone to gum diseases and decay.
- Missing tooth starts affecting your self-esteem, especially if the space of missing tooth is visible when you smile or talk.
- You can start to look old; once you start losing teeth, your facial appearances will begin to change.
- Difficulty in chewing your food, which can cause digestive issues and affect your overall health, also you might be unable to eat some of your favorite foods.
What can be done to fix a missing tooth?
- You can have a fixed replacement made like bridge, implant, a combination of bridges and implants or a dental implant over denture.
- You also have a choice of removable partial denture and removable replacement. Dentures are more reasonable than a fixed replacement.
Call Smiles Dental Group to schedule a consultation. We are backed by extensive years of experience and have been providing comprehensive dental services to people of Edmonton, Sherwood Park and surrounding areas. Our dentists will check your mouth to know about the problem and suggest the most suitable treatment for you. So, don’t let your missing tooth or teeth affect your self-esteem, look, eating habits or your confidence, contact us today and get that perfect set of teeth and smile back.