Having a bad breath can be very embarrassing and event puts a constraint on your social life or a business prospect. In this article, we will discuss about the basics of bad breath, like what causes it and how to get rid of it.
Causes of bad breath:
Bad breath is a biological reaction described by the release of evaporative sulfur in the atmosphere. Bad breath can also have methyl marcaptan and hydrogen sulfide. So what causes bad breath? It is a very common problem. To begin with, anyone with poor oral habits is expected to have bad breath. This means if you are not brushing, flossing or visiting your dentist regularly, you can expect to have this problem of bad breath soon. Remember, the bad breath can also happen when food remains stuck in your teeth even after brushing. The stuck food starts to rot and start smelling.
Some other causes of bad breath include:
- Gingivitis: In severe cases it can cause tooth loss. But usually, it causes bad breath and bleeding gums.
- Dental Abscess: Untreated cavity means it can later lead to dental abscess. This formation of pus contains bacteria that lead to bad breath.
- Cavities: A dental cavity or tooth decay is an oral disease. Dental cavities are common to cause bad breath.
- Dry mouth syndrome: Reduction in production of saliva is termed as dry mouth syndrome. It can occur due to conditions like diabetes or anemia. Smoking and taking over-the-counter medicines can also cause dry mouth. This can then cause bad breath.
- Huge consumption of vitamins: Ever ate large dose of vitamins on an empty stomach? This won’t only cause a tummy ache but it can also cause bad breath.
- Medical conditions: Some medical conditions also cause bad breath. Diabetic ketaoacidosis or kidney failure, are two examples.
- Tongue: The tongue is home to many bacteria that are some of the key causes of bad breath.
- Food: Some foods like dairy, cheese, onions and garlic are common reasons for bad breath. The consumption of smelly foods, cause the digestive process to release strong gases with foul smell. The gases release for up to 24 hours after you have eaten smelly foods.
How to get rid of bad breath:
Now as you are aware of the common causes of bad breath, it is time to discuss what you can do to get rid of bad breath. Firstly, it is important to understand that so called bad breath solutions like breath mints, strips or gums, provide only temporary relief. Brushing twice a day, flossing daily and using mouthwash are highly recommended to get rid of bad breath.
Practice good oral hygiene and say whatever is in your mind, loud. For more details visit the best dental clinic in Edmonton.