Many people tend to ignore the right dental care and then they face issues later. If you are going to follow right tips for the dental care, then you will be able to avoid many dental diseases. Over the time, our teeth get plaque deposits and stains and regular flossing and brushing keeps them at bay. Dentist in Edmonton suggest you to brush twice a day to have a healthy mouth.
How to Get Rid Of the Plaque?
The right way to clean up the plaque from the teeth is by daily brushing and flossing. Always use a soft bristle brush to avoid damage to the gums. Brushing removes food particles and deposits from the gaps of the teeth and ensures your gums are clean too. Always get the toothpaste that has a fluoride content and it should be approved by the dental association.
How to Brush In a Correct Manner?
Here are the following tips and techniques recommended by dental services that you should use to brush your teeth.
- The toothbrush should be held at an angle of 45 degrees in the mouth against the gums.
- Always brush in back and forth strokes with a gentle hand. Use circular motions for the teeth at the back of the mouth.
- Ensure that you are brushing the inner surface of the teeth along with the outer one.
- The places in the mouth that are hard to reach must be cleaning by using the tip of the toothbrush.
- Brush your tongue to remove the deposits. This also freshens up your breath.
How to Floss the Teeth?
- Take about 15-18 inches of floss and round it up along your middle finger. Now take the part of the floss between your forefinger and thumbs.
- Clean the gaps of the teeth using the floss with gentle motions.
- When cleaning the gum, make sure that you are not putting too much of pressure. Slide the floss between the space of teeth and gums and clean using light strokes.
- Always use gentle back and forth motions and make sure you are not rubbing the floss vigorously.
- Repeat the step on each tooth till you get all the food particles removed. Rinse your mouth with fresh water after flossing.
Other Ways to Clean the Mouth
There are other ways apart from regular brushing and flossing, to clean the teeth. The most popular of them all is using the mouthwash. You can rinse away harmful bacteria and can have an instant fresh breath once you rinse your mouth using a mouthwash. Fluoride mouthwash also helps you to keep tooth decay at bay. However, fluoride mouth wash is not recommended for children aged between 0-6 years as they might swallow them. It is recommended that you consult a good dentist in Edmonton once in every six month to ensure you have a proper oral health. Always brush your teeth twice daily to have healthy teeth.